MEET OUR PARTNERS
OWNER, THE PORTUGUESE AFFAIR
Originally from Slovakia, Lucia fell in love with and moved to Portugal about 6 years ago. With a background in political science and international affairs, she has used her passion for food, history and culture to organize dynamic food tours throughout Portugal.
Follow The Portuguese Affair on INSTAGRAM.
LEARN MORE ABOUT LUCIA
1.WHERE ARE YOU FROM ORIGINALLY? WHAT BROUGHT YOU TO PORTUGAL? WHAT CONTINUES TO INSPIRE YOU ABOUT THIS COUNTRY?
I was born in Trencín, Slovakia and I lived there during my youth, and then we moved to Zvolen, a town in the same country where my parents still live. I moved to Portugal 6 years ago because of the sunshine, food and great people. In fact I am very inspired by the Portuguese way of life.
2. YOU HAVE LIVED IN AND TRAVELED TO MANY COUNTRIES AROUND THE WORLD. WHAT HAS BEEN A FAVORITE TRAVEL EXPERIENCE? WHAT MADE IT SO MEMORABLE?
My favourite travel experience was living in Greece as a tour guide because I managed to enjoy the country's customs and traditions while still being able to work with something that I love.
3. WHAT DID YOU STUDY IN SCHOOL? IS THIS WHAT YOU IMAGINED FOR YOURSELF DURING YOUR STUDIES? IF NOT, WHAT DID YOU WANT TO DO WHEN YOU GOT GREW UP?
I have studied Political Science and Diplomacy in Slovakia and Italy. I imagined myself working for the embassy of Slovak Republic abroad, and in the end I actually did it.
4. IF YOUR BEST FRIEND WAS VISITING PORTUGAL FOR ONE DAY, WHAT WOULD YOU SHOW THEM?
I would show them Sintra for its fairy tale scenery, specifically all the palaces around.
5. WHAT IS ONE OF YOUR FAVORITE FOODS? WHY?
I love seafood in Portugal, especially clams á Bulhao Pato (clams in olive oil, garlic and coriander sauce).If you dip a piece of warm bread with butter in that sauce it is majestic!
6. DO YOU HAVE ANY HOBBIES? WHAT DO YOU DO ON A DAY OFF?
I love watching movies and visiting historical places, I am kind of obsessed with history!