References to ‘Wild Terrains’, ‘we’, ‘our’ and ‘us’ means Wild Terrains, LLC, and any of its affiliated entities.
Collection of Personal Information
In the course of operations and providing you with our services, including travel experiences, Wild Terrains may collect and hold personal information, including:
- Your name, date of birth, gender, postal address, telephone number, email address, passport details, medical information and travel insurance details (where applicable).
- Details of the products and services you have purchased from us or which you have enquired about, together with any additional information necessary to deliver those products and services and to respond to your enquiries.
- Any additional information relating to you that you or a third party has provided to us directly or indirectly through any means, including phone enquiry lines, websites, online presence, customer surveys, or to our representatives.
- When you visit our website or any mobile applications or services belonging to or operated by Wild Terrains, we may also collect usage information, which may include the pages you visit, your IP address, browser type and language, and the date and time of your visit. Some of this information is collected using cookies.
We may collect personal information in a variety of ways, including when you volunteer such information when you contact us (and vice versa), make a booking, subscribe to one of our newsletters, use our website(s)/apps, link to or from our website(s)/apps, connect with us via social media, or any other engagement we or our business partners have with you. When you provide your email address to Wild Terrains to make an online booking, your contact details may be retained even if the transaction is not completed.
We may also receive personal information from a third party, including
- From people making travel bookings on your behalf.
- From market research and data companies contracted by us to obtain information so that we may improve and market our products and services.
- From other companies within the Intrepid Group and our related overseas entities.
- From partners performing services on our behalf.
- Your insurer, their agents or medical staff may disclose relevant information and sensitive personal information with us in circumstances where we/they need to act on your behalf or in the interest of travelers or in an emergency.
We will update your information whenever we can to keep it current, accurate and complete.
You represent and warrant to us that you have obtained all required consents and are fully authorized to disclose all personal information you provide to us including without limitation personal information of your friends and family members provided in connection with making travel bookings.
Purpose of Collecting Personal Information
We collect personal information about you so that we can perform our business activities and functions and to provide the best possible quality of customer service.
We may collect, hold, use and disclose your information for the following purposes:
- Administering services we are providing to you such as arranging your tour booking.
- Facilitating compliance with legal requirements. As an example, some countries will only permit travel if you provide your advance passenger data. These requirements may differ depending upon your destination and you are advised to check. Even if not mandatory, we may exercise our discretion to assist with facilitating compliance with such requirements where appropriate.
- Managing our relationship with you, including updates about your tour booking and handling complaints.
- To contact you in the event of an emergency.
- Research and analysis to provide a better customer experience, including customizing online content for you.
- To identify and tell you about services we think you may be interested in, including sending email newsletters or sending printed materials to your postal address.
- Providing relevant information, which may include sensitive personal information, to insurers, their agents and medical staff in circumstances where we/they need to act on your behalf or in the interest of travelers or in an emergency.
- To make improvements to our site(s) and make it easier to find the information you are looking for.
- For identification of fraud or error or for regulatory reporting and compliance.
We store your personal information for as long as necessary having regard to the purposes for which it was collected or a related or ancillary purpose. We may therefore delete your personal information after a reasonable period of time and, if you have not used our services for some time, you may have to re-enter or re-supply your personal information to us.
Disclosure of Personal Information
We may disclose your personal information as follows:
- We may share your personal information inside Wild Terrains and with affiliated entities for the purposes of providing products or services to you, as well as for research and marketing purposes.
- We may disclose your personal information to our employees, contractors or third party service providers for the purposes of the operation of our website or our business, fulfilling requests by you, managing your bookings, responding to your enquiries and to otherwise provide products and services to you.
- We may disclose your personal information to external parties for research purposes and to identify other services you may be interested in.
- We may share aggregated non-personal information with third parties, such as our travel industry partners to analyze trends and further improve our service to you.
- In order for you to travel abroad, we may disclose your personal information where disclosure is required by government authorities at the point(s) of departure and/or destination to process your information for immigration, border control, security and anti-terrorism purposes, or as otherwise necessary to facilitate your participation in a Wild Terrains experience abroad.
We may from time to time use your personal information to identify new or existing products that we believe may be of interest to you. We may communicate this via email, phone, or your postal address.
Last updated: May 3, 2018