MEET OUR PARTNERS
MANAGER, IGNACIA GUEST HOUSE
MEXICO CITY, MEXICO
Romina is one of the lovely managers at Ignacia Guest House, a wonderful boutique hotel that we partner with in Mexico City. When she’s not brushing up on her English or learning Japanese, she spends her free time walking around Mexico city finding new places to recommend to us. We love Romina, and know you will too during your stay with us at Ignacia.
Follow Ignacia Guest House on INSTAGRAM.
WATCH 37 QUESTIONS WITH ROMINA
LEARN MORE ABOUT ROMINA
1. WHAT WERE YOU DOING BEFORE JOINING THE TEAM AT IGNACIA?
I was working for a trial period, for a company that organizes volunteer trips around the world, where they combine tourism with being involved in a social or environmental project.
2. WHAT IS THE MOST INSPIRING PART ABOUT WORKING AT IGNACIA?
Getting to know people from different places and backgrounds. I'm really into the exchange of life experiences, types of places and practicing languages.
3. IS THERE A PIECE OF ADVICE YOU’VE BEEN GIVEN THAT HAS ALWAYS STUCK WITH YOU?
Yes, that the thousand mile journey begins with a single step. If you want to make something happen, you've got to move and make it happen.
4. WHAT WOULD YOU LIKE TO TELL A YOUNG WOMAN ASPIRING TO FOLLOW IN YOUR FOOTSTEPS?
There's no right or wrong path, it's okay not to be sure which path to follow sometimes, but it's important that you're willing to give a try to the things you're interested in and also discover new interests on the way.
5. IF YOU COULD TAKE A TRIP WITH ANY THREE WOMEN WHO INSPIRE YOU, WHO WOULD THEY BE AND WHERE WOULD YOU GO?
Tough question! I think I'd choose my sister, Malala Yousafzai and probably, either one of The Spice Girls or Khaleesi from GoT, haha.
6. WHAT DOES A DAY OFF LOOK LIKE FOR YOU IN MEXICO CITY?
I'd wake up a little bit later than during a regular day, make myself a good latte and have breakfast on my terrace. Then, I'll get ready and take a walk with my dog. During the afternoon I'd try to do something cool like go to a museum, to the cinema or grab something delicious to eat.