MEET OUR PARTNERS
OWNER, IGNACIA GUEST HOUSE
MEXICO CITY, MEXICO
Gina Lozada is the fabulous owner of Ignacia Guest House, one of our homes away from home in Mexico City. In 2015, she decided to turn her own home in the heart of the beautiful Colonia Roma into the beautiful boutique hotel that Ignacia is today. Today, her hotel is frequently featured in design and travel magazines around the world.
Follow Ignacia Guest House on INSTAGRAM.
WATCH 37 QUESTIONS WITH GINA
LEARN MORE ABOUT GINA
1. WHAT WAS IGNACIA GUEST HOUSE BEFORE IT WAS A HOTEL?
I got the house in 2004, and me and my (then) husband restored it to become our home. We lived in the house for 10 years, until 2015, and in 2016 we started to work on the Ignacia project.
2. WE’VE HEARD RUMORS THAT YOU WERE PREVIOUSLY A LAWYER AND A FLORIST BEFORE FOUNDING IGNACIA… WHICH CAREER DO YOU THINK HAS SUITED YOU BEST?
Well... I was quite a good lawyer, I used to win every case! But the truth is I’m in love with my job now. I got to discover my talent as a business woman in hospitality. I feel very proud of what Ignacia has accomplished in just a couple of years, and I’m excited for the things to come.
3. WHAT DO YOU HOPE YOUR GUESTS FEEL AFTER THEY LEAVE IGNACIA?
We want to make our guests feel special and pampered. We try to learn as much as we can about them prior to their arrival, so we can offer a service as personalized as possible. We also work hard in our concierge service; all our recommendations come from personal experience, we don’t accept any kind of payment or retribution from any of the places that we send people to and people really notice and appreciate this. I love when we say goodbye to guests with a hug (we are all huggers here!) - that happens really often.
4. WHAT IS YOUR MOST MEMORABLE TRAVEL EXPERIENCE? WHAT MADE IT STICK WITH YOU?
I traveled to South Africa to scuba dive with sharks. It was the most amazing/terrifying experience of my life!
5. WHAT IS THE GREATEST CHALLENGE YOU HAVE FACED IN RUNNING YOUR OWN BOUTIQUE HOTEL?
The biggest challenge was to actually make the decision to transform my former home into a guest house and believing that this could be a successful business. I was coming out of my divorce and I was lacking confidence in myself. But, having this project to look forward to was a huge help.
6. IF YOU COULD GO ON A GROUP TRIP WITH ANY THREE WOMEN WHO INSPIRE YOU, WHO WOULD THEY BE AND WHERE WOULD YOU GO?
I would love to travel to the Arizona desert with my mother and my sister.